Artisan grains royal quinoa is approximately larger then standard Quinoa. Grown in the rich mineral soils of Bolivia, this organic and fair trade Quinoa is high in protein and fibre, containing all 9 essential amino acids. Quinoa is a delicate gluten free grain-like seed with a nutty flavour when cooked that makes a great alternative to rice and couscous.
– Cook Quinoa in stock or add a knob of garlic butter to cooked quinoa for a richer flavour.
– Add chilled Quinoa to summer salads or just-cooked Quinoa to winter soups for a more wholesome rounded dish.
– Mix Quinoa with other grains or pulses for a healthy and and nutritious meal.
Easy gook method: (2 portions)
– Boil 600ml water in a medium saucepan
– Add 110g (½ packet) Quinoa and simmer for 10-12 minutes uncovered until a white germ appears.
– Drain excess water and use hot or allow to cool and use warm or cold.
Cooked quinoa can be refrigerated and used within 2 days.
100% Quinoa seeds
Typical values per 100g:
Energy 356kcal/1505kJ, Protein 13.7g, Fat 7.1g (of which saturates 0.96), Carbohydrates 64.3g (of which sugars 3.5g), Sodium 6mg, Fibre 13g
Packed in a factory that handles nuts and sesame seeds
While we try to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists.
Please note actual image may vary.